Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 11 February 2014

How to Draw Cartoons Kit

I had a break from doing my mother-in-law's calendar to have a doodle-y play with a children's cartooning kit.
It was yet another bargain from a charity shop, a big tin (12x12") containing a sketch pad, a pencil, rubber and black liner pen, 8 brush pens and an instructional book on how to draw cartoons.  Not bad for just £1 and it originally came from Marks & Spencers. 

The quality of the kit was good and I had fun following the step-by-step instructions to make some fun animal cartoons:
The problem I had with it was the fact that the finished pictures in the step-by-step book had sophisticated blending and colouring:
Blending and splattering effect on this camel
..Yet they give you basic brush pens that would show every stroke:
I know, I know, its a kit for children and maybe they wouldn't appreciate the difference but when I did mine I just had to use my promarkers for a more sophisticated finish:
I haven't really got any reason to complain about this problem especially as (a) it only cost me £1 after all and (b) as I said before it is meant just for children but...just saying....!

Thanks for looking today,
See you again soon for some more arty craftiness,
Nicky {Creative Flourishes}

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails