Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Stenciling with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer

Today's Creative jump start activity was stenciling techniques with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I've been following Julie's blog for ages and I'm a big fan of her work, in fact I would go so far as to say I love it!  I also love her teaching style, its so full of enthusiasm and humour. 

Here are pictures from my activity today:




I tend to shy away from sprays as mine never seem to spray right.  So often I end up with pools of ink (see top picture, left) rather than an even distribution of colour.  I've heard that the Dylusions sprays are meant to be good, maybe I need to treat myself....

My favourite tag was the one using the orange and red distress inks (third picture).  I love the way they create tones where they overlap.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Nicky
 


1 comments:

K said...

That triangular one screams 80's to me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails