Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 15 July 2012

Art Journalling Course 'In the Sun'

I'm being very good and keeping up to date with this online course 'In the Sun' run by Natalie Malik.  I love her style and sometimes I spot elements of it creeping into my pages, which is a good thing, I think!   

In date order since I showed you last, we have this page:
A confessional page.  Our prompt was 'our weakness' and mine is spelled out in my page!  (Bit of a shopaholic me!)  The vintage picture was a copy of a comic frame from a 1970's annual called 'Diana'.  (The story was that this rich spoiled girl kept buying loads of stuff using her mother's credit card.  She became a 'better person' when she ended up going into hospital after a ski-ing accident and the girl in the bed next to her turned out to be very ill and died...)  

This next page we were asked to go outside and 'feel our Summer' and write down our thoughts.  As it was yet another wet day here in the UK, I made this page:
 I used wrapping paper with coloured dots for the background and lots of patterned washi tape to represent the rain falling.

  This one is a bit of a cheat, because the picture of Leonardo da Vinci was simply copied and cut out from a children's book.  The prompt this time was about our Summer night routine.
I do have trouble with pens in journals sometimes.  Quite often they refuse to write on particular types of paper.  I end up having to correct or go over the words again, which isn't always successful.
(The quote "The night is only just beginning - and someone has to keep the stars company" is about how I  end up crafting way into the early hours.  I am definately a night owl, twitter-wooooo!  )

This next page was how we would spend a day in bed!:
The prompt even referred to the film, 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' so I included pictures of that on my page.  Showing my age, but I do remember watching & enjoying it when it came out...

Finally, for these art journalling pages, we had the prompt, 'A Checklist for Road Trips':
 
My map is of Ireland, which is the theme of my page.  We are going there next week - by plane - but will be driving around places when we get there.  Hence this useful list, mustn't forget the essentials!  (Other essentials for this holiday will be raincoats, wellies and umbrellas, unfortunately!...)  

And for the photo prompt on patterns, I took a picture of a tiled floor:
Which consists of basic shapes that are joined together to create this pleasing pattern.  It's on an area of outdoor building and I bet it would take some cleaning!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend,
Nicky


4 comments:

Gill said...

I've just got back from a fabulous holiday in Ireland! Great weather,fabulous scenery and lovely people! Which part are you going to??

Nicky Stevenson said...

OOh, you were VERY lucky with the weather, Ireland is normally wetter than here. We are going to the area shown on my journal map, my sister-in-law and her husband live there, right in the middle of nowhere!

We travelled all around the Southern coast of Island for our honeymoon 15 years ago.

Carmen said...

I just love all of these pages. had to laugh at the journalling on the Weakness page and I just adore your Da Vinci one, that might be my favourite so far. They're all fabulous :)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow these pages are fantastic! The shopaholic one really stands out. I'm seriously fed up with the weather now - starting to think I should grow gills or webbed feet! Just hope it clears for the when the kids break up x

Related Posts with Thumbnails