Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 3 June 2012

Queen video

No, not the group, he,he.  I have a video I made of Our royal Queen when she visited our town last year.  Thought it was appropriate to show for this weekend as we celebrate her Diamond Jubilee.

But first, I have my second day's ICAD to show you:

This was the result of an exploration of materials, rather than a card with a theme.  

 I was delighted to find in my local Oxfam shop today a new box of 30 Caran D'Ache Watercolour crayons for £5! (even more delighted when I found them online later for the princely sum of £47!!....)  so for this materials experiment I used some on my card.  I was also going to use water but after several debates with myself I decided to leave the pencil strokes showing.  The curvy background pattern is from a new product called a 'Melt Art Texture Tread' made by Ranger.  It came in the post today so I thought it would be good to try it out on this project.  It wasn't quite enough by itself so I added these ancient (1980s!) rub-on-letters  (the distressed effect was deliberate by the way!)

Onto the video.  The early bit is particularly shakey, sorry, pesky, noisy crowd pushing me!  Worth perservering to the end though.


Many Congratulations to the Queen on her Diamond Jubilee!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky



6 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab creation, might have to explore this new Ranger product :/

Brilliant video of the Queen too! Gorgeous coloured outfit she's wearing.

Claire x

Carmen said...

I love how those girls were all screaming and excited and then suddenly went very timid :D You were SO close!

Thanks for telling me about ICAD - I don't have any but might play along in atc form. Hmm.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks Claire and Carmen. I didn't know how close the Queen was going to come, just lucky on the day. She didn't go any further down the line than me. I love her face when she gets the daffodils! lol. I turned the video off then to take a photo (shown on my previous post).

Dianne said...

Fun card...exploration is good! it was fun to see the video and the teens next to you sooo excited...every girl would like to be at least a princess, right? loved the queen's hat!

Anonymous said...

Your exploration turned out great!

Sharon

Potato Recipes said...

Thank you for sharing thhis

Related Posts with Thumbnails