Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Online Journaling Course

Apologies for those of you waiting to see some more Christmas crafting, I will be doing some more tomorrow at my local craft group,  but in the meantime, I've been doing some more online art course journaling.

This is what I have done for my second page spread of my documenting November for Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's '30 days in your journal' course.

The gold ink is very reflective, it was a resist effect created by stamping the circles with gold on my blank page first and then spraying the blue glimmer mist on the top.  I used a brush with water to spread the mist out all over the page.  

Here is the close up detail shot of the tags from the left hand page:
Taken under my daylight bulb light.

This shot was taken at night using a normal tungsten ceiling light:
...which makes it look even more messy arty!

As the journaling says, I've ended up writing just about what I do each day on the course instead of my more meaningful thoughts.  This is partly because we are sharing our journals on flickr and partly because I didn't plan I started doing it on the first day when I had the masking tape problem and then carried on...  Ah well, I would love to start on another journal anyway as I'm really enjoying the freedom of trying different art techniques out.  

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Looking good! I laways think heartfelt journalling is difficult when you know it's going to be in the public domain, so I'd struggle with it for sure! x

Carmen said...

Agree with Claire - you are still learning the techniques and can keep the heartfelt journalling in a new journal.

This is really effective these pages - they look really christmassy with that gold and gorgeous blue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails