Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 3 November 2011

Christmas crafting already?

As well as the Balzer Designs journalling course, I am also doing other crafts including my first preparations for Christmas.  I love decorating our house with homemade christmassy things and each year I like to find new crafts to do.

To make a start, at my local craft group this week I decoupaged a christmas bauble:
  (Apologies for the picture quality, taken late at night - in real life it looks much better!)
 It has lots of my 'christmas scraps' added to it and also some punchinella, sequins and washi tape.
Glitter glue was added as a final touch.

* * * * *

Onto day 3 of my '30 days in your journal' course and I am still having fun 'getting messy', despite the problem I have had with my masking tape (I have found a different brand to try on the next page).

Today we added an image, which could have been a photo of ourselves, but I chose to add this:
Detail:

A background of orange with yellow flourishes and a magazine picture of a wild horse. It seemed to tie in with my 'Feeling the fear' theme.  The page is looking pretty full now but I do believe that we will be adding even more to it tomorrow....

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

I'm playing with tree trinkets at the moment, so it's definately not too early for Christmas ;) The page is looking fab, I love it. Have you thought of using micropore tape, it gives a slightly different finish but works well. xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for that suggestion Happy Days, think I will try that. Wonder if you can get it in wider strips?

Victoria said...

Your journal is really coming along! I was thinking about starting the course myself so it's good to read about how other people have found it.

PepPop said...

Great idea with the micropore tape, I would never have thought of that. Your journal's coming along great. And as for the "C" word - I'm going for the Ostrich approach, if I sing la la la loud enough and stick my fingers in my ears it won't happen LOL Jaqui x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks crafters. Victoria you should go for it, its great - see link in my sidebar. Jaqui, 'We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas...' (snigger) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails