Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day

For my husband this year I have made him this pen pot out of an old gravy container.  He is an engineer so I  found some images of technical drawings to stick around the pot.  The background I used was a photocopy of an architectural drawing that used to belong to my father and it is dated from the 1960's.
After montaging the drawings around the pot, I used distress ink to make the papers look older and then mod podged it all over for protection. 
Even though my husband uses a computer for his job, he still has a need now and again for a pen or pencil!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

PS  This is my second post today, don't forget to check out my other post of photos from the Leamington Peace Festival here.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ooooh very nice. Devvie totally stole my grunged up paint pot that I made.

Marit said...

Woooohoooo... I want to make a pot just like that for my brushes... I will have a studio in the near future (mixed feelings about that btw... I love to have a workspace but it is because my son is moving out and I will be an 'empty nester' then... eeeckkk... ) Anyway, a pot like this will be perfect to hold my brushes then. I'll remember the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails