Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Stamp Resist Technique

I have a fish themed craft to show today:

 I've been working on more pages of my altered book, 'New Techniques to You' and today my new technique was a Stamping  Resist.

These are the tools I used:
A Ranger Watermark resist pad - although any clear embossing pad will do
Clear Embossing Powder
A heat embossing tool
and two dye based inkpads in blue shades.
(Also a fish stamp (see below) - not shown)

I stamped the fish with the Watermark resist pad randomly all over the old book page, covered it with Clear embossing powder and heated it.  I then rubbed the pale blue stamp pad over the whole page and wiped the excess ink of the fishes with a baby wipe. 
I then went over the whole page with the darker ink pad
On some of the fish I didn't wipe of the excess and it gave this lovely texture.

(Fish stamp was from a set from The English Stamp Company,  I got it from a charity shop with two pots of gold paint, a star stamp and a roller for £3! Bargain!)  I love getting craft equipment bargains at charity shops ;-)

This was the completed page:
Another fun technique to add to my reportoire!


Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

3 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab page, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed book.x

cheryl said...

oh this is one great page hun look forward to seeing more hugs cheryl x

Somerset Wedding Girl said...

I used to make things like this when I was a child! Your creation has come out beautifully!

Related Posts with Thumbnails