Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Decorations

A very Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it.  I've been busy tonight, getting together an indoor easter hunt for my boys for the morning.  I thought they might be too old for that kind of thing but apparently not.  I had to test it out of course and it nearly wore me out going up and down, up and down the stairs!

They are also not too old for some easter toy decorations:
Playmobil, Easter Bunny themed
A Play-Doh chick:
 A well dressed bunny:
 and a very long earred cuddly rabbit:
...with a soft squidqy little body.

I haven't been resting in my mini blog absence, I also made covers and title labels for three more of my books:
The doodles book on the left has a page stuck on that was printed from the internet and I added the title.  The middle book has a photocopy of one of my previous drawings and I collaged the pencil and sharpenings on to it.  I also added the masking tape and the title.  This contains my 'drawings from life' which I've been doing a bit of lately.  The last book I just added the title, 'My Retro Book'.

We have been thoroughly enjoying the fantastic sunshine that we have been having lately. Numerous barbeques and visits to and from relatives. Our younger son is nearly over his Chicken Pox and nobody (touch wood) has caught it off him. 

Do enjoy your Easter and Easter Break.
Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Happy Easter!

Love the pencil and shavings idea on your drawing book. x

Carmen said...

Always love seeing your books - will you be sharing your drawings?

Happy Easter :)

furrypig said...

great book covers, liking the drawing book with real shavings and i that Starsky and Hutch I spy on your retro book????

PepPop said...

Happy Easter!
Love the toys especially the Play Dough chick. Loving your Retro book cover mmmm Starsky - now that takes me back :)
Jaqui x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Hi Crafters, Just to say the pencil sharpenings aren't real, they are a magazine picture of sharpenings.

Yep, that is Starsky & Hutch furrypig, I was a big fan in the 1970's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails