Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 2 December 2010

Transferring Christmas Images onto Felt

As is quite often the case, because I am not very organised you have caught me mid-craft!

Today I've been experimenting with making transfers of photographs onto felt. 

It was successful!

I've tried three images tonight, two of which will probably make christmas cards and the other a piece of artwork.
I used computer fabric transfer paper and ironed the images onto some white felt.  I then cut round the image with scissors.  (Both of these images were taken last February, we haven't got that much snow round here yet!) 

The third image isn't particularly chrismassy, but it was fun to start 'playing' with it, once it had been printed.
It's still wet but hopefully you can get the idea.  The image is of a cobweb covered in frost and I have extended the image onto a second piece of felt (green) using glitter glue to make it sparkle.  I also put some glitter onto the plastic spider left over from Halloween.

The possibilites of this technique could be extended into mixed media - including using my sewing machine (Gasp!) - once I have found out how to turn it on that is, lol.    It appeals to me to redo my boring wedding album into all mixed media.  I'm thinking I could transfer copies of all the photos onto felt or other material, stick them onto canvas paper and add all sorts of embellishments.  I was very inspired by the one made by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer of  Balzer Designs  Fab stuff!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ooh I've never seen this before - how clever!

PepPop said...

Like your way of thinking. Love this idea. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails