Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 5 December 2010

Gift for Fathers

This may be more of a UK type of present than US?  It's on a lot of forums and blogs, its a....

..Pint of Socks!

It consists of a thick pair of thermal black socks on the bottom and a white flannel on the top.  This is it unwrapped:
I've made this for my father-in-law as I think he'll appreciate the joke.
There is a poem to go with this that I'm going to add on a tag:

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those
Who spill against us.
And lead us not to incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer,
The bitter and The lager.
Forever and ever,
Barmen.


I've also been making some streamers using some old book pages:
Hope your Christmas preparations are going well and you are having fun making things of your own.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

ThePBFamily said...

i love the pint of socks idea!
i may do a couple for my sons for christmas!

PepPop said...

Love the poem. Christmas is coming way too fast for me - I hope you're better organised than I am :) Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails