Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 9 December 2010

Christmas Room Decoration and Children's Holiday Activity

Another technique I am itching to do more of is stencilling and spraying, I may have mentioned I love the work of Dina Wakeley who does some fantastic journals and altered art with stencils.

I've had a go tonight at spraying through an old Norwegian(?) papercut with Glimmer Mist:
It wasn't as clearly defined as I would have liked, but in the process of doing this I managed to get a lovely glimmer effect on the original papercut.

I also had a go at changing it to green using Picnik photo software:
******
My children were still off sick today, they've both got coughs but inbetween coughs today I got them doing an activity! :-O

Just a simple one that I remember loving when I was a child. 
Altering catalogue pictures! 
(This one is by older son) 

I remember years ago spending hours giggling away with just a pen and some Mothercare catalogues, adding speech bubbles, moustaches and gaps in teeth, it was such great fun! 
(Also by older son)
Today I had some Land's End catalogues and some cartoony face details, along with some cut out speech bubbles.  All we needed were some ideas!

This was mine...
 Spot the (sticker) addition to this photo:
...Lots of fun was being had - until coughing stopped play!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow
qwiksave

1 comments:

PepPop said...

Love the addition of the penguin - made me giggle. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails