Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 26 November 2010

Cadbury's Choccie Snowman

Thanks to Helen of Its All Fiddle Fart for this idea.....

It's a snowman with a Cadbury's Chocolate bar inside.  I have made two, one for each of my boy's for Christmas.
They are quite easy to make but you need to think about what stage the glue or double sided sticky tape goes down (hard on the ol' brain matter at this time of night - Midnight!)

You start off with bars like this:
Long, thin bars of Dairy Milk, these were 20p each from my local newspaper shop.  
First wrap them in white paper and use DST to stick them to the wrappers of the bars on the back.

This is the clever bit, you use a 'Magic Glove' for the hat.  Cut off the fingers!:
No sewing required :D  Just roll up the finger for the brim of the hat and add some holly sequins (mine were £1 a bag from WHSmiths).

To make my face I used a Sharpie for the eyes and cheeks and a thin marker for the mouth. I used a Paperchase circle sticker for the nose and touched up the details with Glossy Accents.
The scarf was stuck on with DST and further dots for the buttons were made with the Black Sharpie and Glossy Accents.
Fun to make, and look great too. Now, where can I hide them so they are not found before the Big Day?

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

6 comments:

Mad-Frog said...

I love these, going to make some next year

Kandi said...

Brilliant! I was thinking how clever you were to knit such tiny hats ~ brill idea.
Kandi x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Ho, Ho, Kandi, I could have pretended I did some knitting, but some of you may have guessed! ;)

PepPop said...

Love their little faces. Clever idea with the glove finger tips too. Jaqui x

Stef said...

These are adorable!! I never would have thought to use gloves for the hats! I'm having my 1st linky party and its all Snowman. I would love it if you would join us!
Stef
www.itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Nicky Stevenson said...

Count me in on that snowman party, Stef! Fun to see what others have done too! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails