Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 12 November 2010

Altered Book Butterflies

I've taken a break from my Christmas posts today to complete a couple more pages of my ongoing altered book, 'NEW Techniques To You'
I was given some commerical industrial waste from a toy company years ago of stencils.  The cardboard insides I think were used for mobiles.

I have stuck the stencils onto the middle of the pages that I did recently in my altered book and they look really effective.
The white side was the front of the stencil
..and the lettering was on the back.

Each butterfly 'pops' out of its background.
in lots of interesting colour and texture:
I really like the effect.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Looking good. Thanks for sharing. x

Carmen said...

Gorgeous Nicky - I had to look twice to see if the butterflies were stuck on. This book is going to be fabulous.

If you have any left they would also be fab to spray paint or glimmer mists through too! Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails