Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 8 October 2010

50th Anniversary Canvas

Thanks for dropping by. My inlaws' 50th Anniversary canvas is very nearly ready now, I just need to add a few finishing touches.

I decided to make the background like old wallpaper, to fit in with the decor of their house.  This one is a Laura Ashley scrapbook paper.
It's very understated though and I wouldn't say Laura Ashley was my style but when giving gifts I think its important to consider the receipient(s).
I liked adding the butterflies which were punched using a Docrafts 3d butterfly punch using an old book:
I will be adding bling (as in sparkly studs) to their bodies and to make antenae.
The use of decorative photo corners compliment the old style feel of the canvas. 

*****
Just to say, I will be having the weekend off from blogging (& crafting!) as I am going to be at my inlaws for their celebration party and they don't have internet access! :-O

Enjoy your weekend and please don't forget
to come back and join me on Monday,
qwiksave

4 comments:

Liberty :) said...

enjoy the party! the canvas looks great :)

Cheap2Chic said...

It's beautiful, they'll be thrilled xx

Kandi said...

Thats really beautiful, it's sometimes hard to make for others to their tastes rather than yours. I love that though it's very me! I bet they will be delighted with it.
Kandi x

PepPop said...

Aww it's gorgeous. I'm sure they loved it. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails