Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 27 September 2010

Qwiksilver Coasters

I lurve surfing gear! This might seem a little odd when I live slap bang in the middle of the UK and about as far away from the sea as you can get,  but I just love the designs on the clothes of 'surfing dudes' (lol).

This is why tonight for my craft I made 4 coasters out of a qwiksilver advertisement:

 I used some blank (fill your own pictures) coasters - 99p for 6 (new) from a charity shop.
Summer may be over (sigh!) but I will have these as a reminder of sunnier times all year round!

Also from a charity shop recently, I got an original acrylic artwork which was just my kind of thing:
It was painted by a South African artist and all that scribbly writing effect around the outside that looks like biro is what it looks like, biro!  I'm just loving all that texture going on and will be framing this one up soon.

Finally, today I altered the Christmas card that I put on yesterday.  It had far too much space!  I've added acetate and snowflake confetti and I'm much happier with it.  

Hope all is going alright with you and your world.
Thank you for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

1 comments:

PepPop said...

Great makes and finds. Love the picture. I think I'll need to crash your charity shops - the ones near me are rubbish. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails