Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 13 September 2010

Happy Anniversary Card

Why do I always leave my cardmaking until the very last minute possible?  This is what I have done with my husband's anniversary card, due when he wakes up tomorrow!  :-O
This card, which is a very simple design was made using a technique I learned from Gina G (link here) using stamped & embossed leaves and bleach.  In this case, I really shouldn't have left this craft until the last minute because after preparing it all, I found out that I hadn't got any full strength bleach.  I made an attempt using a weak solution (of bleach) but I wasn't very happy with the result so when the leaves were dry I coloured over them with a gold signo pen.

(These pictures replace the ones I originally showed when it was wet)

..and it worked! I really like the effect now!
* * *
 In my defence for doing this very last minute, I didn't know that my husband was going to be back this week from China, he only told me late on Saturday night.  I thought for this anniversary I was just going to be sending him an ecard.
 
Thanks for reading and for any comments you may leave,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Happy anniversary Nikki and Nikki's hubby :) The card is gorgeous, love that red, I'm sure he'll love it!

Thanks for the giant duck link :P Been enjoying reading through that blog!

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thank you for your anniversary wishes Carmen. I stayed up half the night and changed the leaves from red to gold. As they are embossed they are also very tactile.

Glad you liked the link - what a fab duck!

Nicky x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Happy Anniversary. Those leaves are stunning. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails