Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Background Paper Techniques

As my regular followers know, I am altering an old book into a personal art journal and as part of that altering process I am on the lookout for creative techniques that I can use for the backgrounds for my pages.

Today I found a great resource of artistic techniques here at Paper Imagery It is a blog that has a 'Technique Tuesday' every week so there are loads of fab ideas to try.

Tonight I did a couple of techniques:

One was this, which was just crumpling up a glossy magazine image, unfolding it and then rubbing it over with a brown ink pad:
and then for the other I did a resist effect using clear embossing onto a page of text:
It was this technique here
I like this idea of placing a resist image over your writing, but still allowing you to read it.

The white Uniball pen didn't work for my journalling on my page yesterday, I ended up having to use a Tipp-Ex Correction pen.  I also used one of the new black Sharpie Pens. This type are still permanent but they are  fine tipped and don't cause bleeding through pages. Perfect. 

Thanks for looking,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails