Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 11 June 2010

Messing about on the River

This is a bit of an indulgent post.  It's purely photography.  Hope you don't mind me doing lots of photos as my craft but since I've been doing photography as my Bootcamp medium (we had to choose just one) it's given me the taste for it (I personally would have liked to vary my mediums because it would have been more creative but I'll follow the rules, it is a Bootcamp!)  

Today the random word we were given was 'Fluid'.  I was rather lucky with that theme because my sons as part of Cubs were due to go rowing at a local Boat Centre on this wonderful sunny evening. 

While they were on the Boat Centre lake and then the river (with life jackets on and instructors nearby) I went photographing the area (and them, sometimes!)

This was the one I chose for fluid:
(You can just see the two ducks on the left that have made this water trail)

So, here are some other pictures I took:
This was the location
The Cubs did some warming exercises including jumping
This is my youngest boy on the left in a pedalo
Kayaks/Canoes? stacked up
Abstract - van headlight reflections
An instructor's kayak/canoe
It's a busy night on the River Highway!

The End - beautiful! (but, like me, looks as though it needs a haircut!)

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

1 comments:

Carmen said...

I know exactly what you mean. I actually had the perfect photo for 'grow' but photography is not my medium, I would have loved to have dabbled in different ones.

That water photo is perfect for fluid.

Related Posts with Thumbnails