Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Ribbon Display

By popular request (don't say I don't listen to your comments!) I have finished the ribbon display piece I started to make yesterday:

This was far more tricky to make than the button frame!  Little tip if you do make this, only cut the line as wide as the ribbon is, because those blank squares in the middle can fall out!

(I also need to flatten some of those ribbons when I find my glue dots)

So the two displays together look like this:


Really pleased with how they've turned out.  Not only are they atttractive to look at, they are practical too - now I know which buttons and ribbons I've got in my stash now! 

Thanks to the original blogger for the idea and design.
(See yesterday's post for link and instructions)

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

6 comments:

Perfect Balance Marketing said...

They look great together - can see the potential to cut too far and lose chunks of the white space though! Thanks for sharing, Lucy xox

Carmen said...

Looks really good - can imagine you doing a whole load of these for your wall, they are attractive and functional too :P

K said...

Hi **waves** have given you a "beautiful blogger award" here http://kscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm thinking I should design my own background next time I do it though.

Thanks K for the award (blush!) I shall think about what to do about it and do something soon(ish). :-)

x

PepPop said...

I'm glad you've shown the ribbon one too. I think these are fantastic and are gonna look great on a wall. Congrats on your blog award too it's very well deserved. Jaqui x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the congrats on the award too Jacqui. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails