Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 29 May 2010

Graffiti Bracelet

I've just finished watching the Eurovision Song Contest and oh dear! We came last!  I've had a fun evening though on MSE discussing the contest, having a laugh.  The German girl that won had a very strange voice, it seemed to be a mix of Cockney/Australian and American, most odd, and I must admit I was surprised she won.  I liked the Ireland song most but that didn't get many points either.

For my craft I had a go at making a bracelet out of that acrylic abstract painting I made a couple of days ago.
(Apologies for the strange coloured shadow)

I bought an elasticated wooden bracelet from a charity shop (for 50p!) that had eight wooden panels all the way around it.  I drew around each of  the panels onto my painting and cut them out.
I just used the red, yellow and black parts of the picture and stuck them onto the panels. I particularly focussed on the dry brushed bits.

Can't decide whether I should keep it or not.  If I do, I will need to varnish it  (Just wondering whether it might be a bit young for me?)

See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Gem said...

ooh what a fab way to customise a bracelet, it looks great :) Xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks Gemma. I'm glad you like it. I think I could get away with it even at my grand old age! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails