Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 10 April 2010

Pre-Journalling & Coloured Nightlight Jars

I've been extra creative today, not only have I got one project to show you today, but two!  For the first project, I had another go at doing a 'pre-journalling' page:




To make this (its 1 page), I used various thicknesses of white paint markers to make random spirals and then also did one in silver. Then I coloured over the top and in the area around them with coloured markers - just using ordinary thick felt tips, the water soluble type. I've never looked at journals properly so wasn't sure quite what or even how people write in them so I just started writing random things inside and around the spirals with a black Sharpie pen (I think in a proper journal, you're meant to write about your feelings!) On the black colouring pen part I used white, silver and gold gel pens.  I really enjoyed doing this exercise, and could definately see me doing this in a journal for real.

My second project today was some coloured glass candle jars. I saw them on this blog yesterday and fancied making some.

First of all I frosted the glass jars using an acrylic frosting medium on a soft sponge:
I then added food colourings to an outdoor Mod Podge:

I made several colours. Here I've popped a nightlight in and the room lights are on:
 











..and then the room lights were switched off:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







I think I prefer the 'room lights are on' effect but I'm sure they'll all look great outside and when I take them camping with us later on in the year.  Thanks to the original blogger for the idea.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you tomorrow!

qwiksave
x

2 comments:

pam said...

Wow! I love your idea of using the frosting medium before applying the colored Mod Podge. Another product I was totally unaware was available! But it would be perfect to give the candles a little more of a translucent look.

Thank you so much for dropping by and sharing your idea ... and for linking to my post.

Gem said...

wow those jars are really beautiful :) xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails