Welcome to my creative online journal

Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day and Magazine Snippings

Hope all the mothers reading this (it is Mother's Day in the UK today) have enjoyed been pampered and had a nice relaxing day today.  My day wasn't exactly relaxing as my husband is still in China so I have still had to do the usual routine of cooking and washing up.  It's days like this when I wish my two were a little older so I could have cups of tea made for me, but thats selfish, I love them being small really.  Actually, I did quite well this morning, my boys (aged 10 and 7) attempted to bring me breakfast in bed, made all by themselves!  I was given cereal with milk slopped all around the sides, 2 pieces of toast and a glass of milk! lol.  It was a lovely thing for them to attempt to do though.

Today's craft is a bit of a cheat really. I haven't made anything that is complete, but I'll show you anyway:

They are just things I've cut out from magazines!

I have a massive stash of magazines and newspapers, some that are years old in our attic and cellar and I've been meaning to go through them and cut all the interesting bits out for my crafts.  I do a few at a time but it takes ages, because I end up reading each magazine while I do it. 

There's some great textures here I'll be using in my altered projects!

I also cut out sayings:
..and will save them in my plastic set of drawers until I can think of projects to do with them. 

See you tomorrow!
qwiksave x

1 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Followed your link on the Blog Hop then liked the pic from the magazine for your Mother's Day post. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the idea of cutting text from magazines, that's a really great idea - pity I only have craft mags which I'm not going to cut up!
Anne x

Related Posts with Thumbnails